Monday, May 11, 2009

How to file an injured spouse tax credit form

Tax time is here again for all of us 'working Joes'....have you filed your taxes yet ? (Uncle Sam wants to know!) Maybe you HAVE filed and you're excited to find that you're supposed to get back a nice little tax refund credit...a much needed boost to your income with this crummy economy...and then reality sets in. Remeber those back taxes your spouse owes?? Guess what!? The IRS remembers them and they can swipe your refund before the check is even cut and signed! But there's hope for you yet! You could be entitled to YOUR HALF of that tax refund amount! Do you even know if you qualify for the injured spouse tax refund? Read this helpful article to find out if you can still claim a large portion of your tax credit if the IRS has taken it due to your spouse's back taxes or past due child support! It may save you thousands!

No comments: